Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh, well that just sucks.

I very nearly made this post last night, but I realized how unwise that was when the first sentence was basically just me saying "fuck" a dozen or so times.

Yesterday was spent in a frenzy of packing and cleaning. I will eternally be impressed with myself for how much I got done with a bitching one year old pulling on my legs the whole time. I got the job about 90% or so done, and Tim ran to get me some boxes so I could wrap it up, because we were hitting the road the next day (which of course now, is today).

Tim got home and said, "The good news is, boxes are really cheap at Home Depot. The bad news is, our tenant just backed out on us."

Here's where all those "fuck"s came in, more or less.

So the trailer was packed, the house was more or less cleaned up, and we had no tenant. Which meant we couldn't go. Which meant we had just spent a large amount of money on a trailer for no real reason. Which meant I sold my beloved car for no reason.
We handled it by getting drunk.

Today things look better, we hopefully already have a new tenant lined up and we'll be able to leave this weekend. Still though, we are in limbo. Everything is on hold for the time being. Neither Tim or I are known for our ability to wait quietly, so the tension level in the house if pretty high right now.

Wish us luck. I need mountains, or I might literally lose my mind this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment